Monday, July 12, 2010

BBC Review: Lauren P



I can't believe I waited so long to review BBC!

Krystyn and Samara did my hair and makeup for my April 2010 wedding. I found them online, I think just through a google search, or maybe it was on the Knot, I really don't remember. Anyway, as soon as I saw their portfolio I knew they would be PERFECT for me. I had originally wanted to wear my hair down but realized I wouldn't be able to stand it, so I was looking for a simple, pretty, slightly messy sort of up do. I could tell just by looking at the photos that they would definitely get it. As for the makeup, I *loved* how all the girls on their site looked ethereal and natural, not 'bridey' at all.

I had my trial back in February when my mom and sister were in town- they were also getting hair and makeup for the big day, but only my mom had a trial. It took some playing around with my makeup to get the colors just right, but once Krystyn did, it was great. Same goes for the hair- I showed Samara a picture I liked and she did a great job of adapting it to suit me.

When the big day came, they were not only prompt, they were actually early! They're both so cool and fun to hang out with, so that helps with those wedding-day jitters. Everything went very smoothly. . . I kind of think both the hair and makeup were a little different than at the trial, but I looked hot, so who cares? But if you're super picky about that, my advice is to take lots of pictures and bring them with you that day. My sister had taken a bunch at the trial but left them at home. In Connecticut.

Highly, HIGHLY recommended!!!

BBC NOTE: Lauren is the owner of the fabulous Rich Chocolates & Candies She has been featured in Daily Candy, Time Out Chicago, The Red Eye, The Tribune and the Chicago Reader! For "Specialty Sweets for Grown-ups" check out www.RichChocolates.com and tell Lauren BBC sent you!

No comments: