Thursday, June 24, 2010

Meet: Wendy

We are in full wedding season ladies and gentlemen! Krystyn and I have been running all over the Chicago-land area beautifying brides! We need personal drivers we decided so that we can read People magazine instead of sitting in traffic. Today we had an appointment to meet Wendy. Wendy found us via a Google search and was excited to come across our site as she said that every other website she came across was too "prom-y".

As we down with Wendy at her table and discussed her wedding and how she wanted to look and feel, the words she used were "simple elegance." We already liked where this was going. Her wedding (in 29 days!) that she described was romantic and intimate with pops of the bride and groom's personality (Blue & Orange colors a tribute to the grooms's and Krystyn's alum, University of Illinois...GO BLUE!) with Tuscan inspirations for the centerpieces and cuisine.

HAIR: Samara
For her hair, she was drawn to a picture of a bride on our website with beautiful and intricate detailing accented with a simple red rose. There are so many different ways to style hair and I really do pull from inspiration words to come up with a look for a bride. "Soft," "romantic," "classic" played over and over in my head. I set her hair to start off with so that the curls maintained their shape after i backcombed and brushed it. A good set can make hair so easy to mold and shape. After I pulled out the curls and had everything teased I began pinning. There isn't a real specific method to what I did here. It is all about having a vision, working with what the hair is letting you do, and trusting the basic skills and know how that I have collected over the years. We modified the front a bit to give her a little softness with the loose pieces falling down (random and asymmetrical so that the style looks effortless and not forced)and she brought in the rose for the icing on the cake.







MAKEUP: Krystyn
Wendy was the ideal bride when it came to collaboratively coming up with a look for her wedding! She doesn't wear much makeup on a daily basis and she said that she wants to look "made up" just not overly "made up". Her only real request was lashes...lots of lashes (which I was happy to oblige as I feel lashes complete the look and they look amazing in pictures). After getting to know Wendy a bit and reviewing a few reference pictures, we came up with a look which I would like to call "effortlessly glamorous". This look consisted of a light, shimmery smokey eye (eyeshadows: Kitten by Stila, Antiqued by MAC and Satin Taupe by MAC) and lots and lots of individual lashes. Wendy said that if she wears lipstick, it is usually just a shade darker than her natural lip color. However, I really wanted to play up her beautiful, full lips (I love it when brides say "I trust you" and give me free reign to play) and so I customized a beautiful gloss which I did by mixing two shades by Yaby and a coat of clear gloss on top. To complete the look, I added some bronzer and highlighter to give her that beautiful, red carpet glow!







Isn't she beautiful?!?! When we were finished she was beaming and we couldn't pull her away from the mirror! You can't get a better compliment than that. We absolutely loved meeting Wendy tonight. Today we walked away feeling great about what we did and what we do. Working with brides isn't always easy but its worth it to see their faces filled with such joy.

No comments: